Here is a list of the iPad Apps that we have found useful in the classroom.
- iSEQUENCES Lite - This is the free version. Its a very useful app for children with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome or younger children that enables them to practice 10 different sequences about everyday situations.
- iSEQUENCES - $4.19. This gives the students access to 100 different sequences.
- Book Creator Free - The simple way to create your own beautiful iBooks, right on the iPad. Read them in iBooks, send them to your friends, or submit them to the iBookstore. Ideal for children's picture books, photo books, art books, cook books etc. Includes in-app purchases.
- Book Creator for iPad - $6.49. Same as above but does not include in-app purchases.
- Maths Slide:There are 4 free versions of this game.
Addition & Subtraction
Multiplication & Division
Tens & Ones
Hundreds, tens & ones
These apps are multiplayer games that help children to learn and recall number facts. Players learn by sliding tiles into the centre to match an answer, equation or iamge. The player who slides their tiles first wins. Being able to quickly and easily recall number facts is a key math skill critical in a child's development.
- Grid Player - Is an Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) App that helps people who cannot speak or who have unclear speech to communicate. Sentences that you create are spoken out loud. Grid player is suitable for a wide range of people with communication difficulties, including those who use symbols.
- Articulation Station Free - An articulation app for learning how to pronounce and practice the consonantal sounds in the English Language with 6 fantastic and engaging articulation activities. The free version has limited activites and sounds.
- Articulation Station Pro - $64.99. This version has more comprehensible activities and sounds. It was created by a certified Speech-Language Pathologist.
- Sentence Builder Free - A fun new sentence builder app is designed to learn about words, sentences, pronounciation, grammar, and punctuation. In-App Purchases.
- Sentence Builder App - $6.49. Same as above but with the In-App Purchases.